Friday, March 2, 2018

A Person Develops a Cold

This year was the first time in years that I got a flu shot. I thought that getting a flu shot would be insurance to support the divine idea of health in me as me, but instead I came down with the flu. I just got out of my pajamas for the first time in several days. It felt delicious to have a shower and I am looking forward to fresh sheets on my bed tonight. I realize now that I needed more than the flu shot to ensure vibrant health.

I do pray and meditate daily.  I always include health and wholeness for myself in my morning prayers. So what happened? Did the law quit working for me?

The answer is simple. The law is always working. The answer is that on the subconscious level I must have had a greater belief in illness than health, a greater belief in stress than relaxation, and a greater belief in confusion than in clarity.

So what do I do? 

I often check out Louise Hay's guides to see if what she says rings true. 
Regarding colds, Hay writes the probable cause is, "Too much going on at once. Mental confusion, disorder. Small hurts."
Well, I have had a lot going on. We were at our annual convention last week from Monday night through Thursday night. Friday night was our Center's gala fiftieth anniversary party, which was wonderful. In addition to these events, we have had and accepted an offer on our building. Saturday I started coming down with something but I had no conscious idea of what it could turn into. I should have stayed home last Sunday. I could have. I even had an amazing guest speaker, Rev. Dr. Kenn Gordon. But I didn't. I drove our guests back to their hotel and then I put on my pajamas. I slept and slept.
Louise Hay suggests the following affirmation for colds. "I allow my mind to relax and be at peace. Clarity and harmony are within me and around me."

First, analyze my thinking. Are there instances where I have a greater belief in illness than I do in God? Am I in agreement with disease or illness anywhere in my life? Have I made an agreement with limitation? Do I believe in another power, one that is greater than God? I do not. 

The next step is to speak the affirmation and be mindful about my life, then to pray from a greater awareness of God's grace and power.

In this holy moment of now, I recognize and know the Truth which frees me from any condition, consequence or effect. I recognize that the Power of Life Itself is within me and is responding to me always according to belief. I remind myself that this mighty moving power is the Power of Creation and there is none other greater than it. I remind myself that the nature of the Divine is perfect harmony, clarity, vitality and energy, God indwells me. God is at the Center of my being. 
Knowing this is so, I remind myself that I live in a harmonious Universe, in which there is sufficient time for living life fully, without undue stress or concern. I remind myself that I am made in the image and after the likeness of the Creator Itself.  I remind myself to choose to breathe and relax during all the events of my life.  I remind myself that God continuously and easily makes all things new. I remind myself that this power is moving through me -- my ideas, my beliefs, my body and my affairs. I choose perfect health. I breathe easily. I take everything in stride. My mind is relaxed and I am at peace. I clearly see what is mine to know and to do. 
With great gratitude for the Omni-active law of Mind and for the Spirit within that always guides, I place this Word in the action of Law. It is complete. 
And so it is.
Reverent Reverend


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comment!